Out of all the safety wear you use for go karting, the helmet is the most important item. Sure, your race suits, gloves and boots provide plenty of protection but the go karting helmet takes care of your bonce. Hit a tyre wall at full tilt and you’ll want to keep the grey matter safe. So choosing the right karting helmet to go racing in is pretty essential and here’s what you need to know:
- Materials – Choose a quality racing karting helmet like Viper or some other leading brand name and you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the material it’s made from. Budget brands might be different though so check to see the helmet conforms to the latest safety standards and SNELL/FIA approved.
- Style – A karting helmet is full-faced options with the only slight different being the size of the eye portal. Some are deeper than others if you more space around the eyes look for a karting helmet with a larger visor area.
- Ventilation – How well is the go karting helmet ventilated? Does it come equipped with an inlet and outlet venting system? Top spec karting helmet like Aria do, they help your head to breathe and that’s vital when the on-track action starts to heat up.
- Comfort – Get a feel for the go karting helmet, see how comfortable you are with the visor raised and lowered. Helmets should be snug but not overly tight, if you feel uncomfortable before you even start to race how are you going to be a few laps in?
- Fit – It’s not a bad idea to get measured for a karting helmet before you hand over any money. Know your size, especially if you are making online purchases for helmets, it’ll save you having to send the helmet back.
We can check the fit of the go karting helmet for you at Full Throttle Raceway and we always have top spec racing helmets in stock, so why not pay us a visit and spend a little time out on the track whilst you are here? To book one of our services, feel free to call us on 01384 377707 or you can email us at [email protected] and one of our well-trained staff members will be more than happy to assist you. Full Throttle Raceway – quality go karting in Stourbridge and the West Midlands.